Niki Blasina, 26
Vancouver | A Haute Mess
I think part of the fun of layering jewellery is being a bit overdone and over the top. However, there’s still a line between layering artfully and layering like a six-year-old who got into mom’s jewellery collection. My rule of thumb is to focus on layering in one area: you need to choose between bracelets and necklaces. So, if you want to layer a few necklaces, don’t also layer multiple bracelets. Easy!
I like wearing this neon yellow necklace over top of a silver bib necklace, and normally, if I weren’t wearing two necklaces I’d probably be wearing a few bracelets on each wrist, but I toned it down in order to let the necklaces make a statement on their own and wore just a couple bracelets on one wrist instead. It’s still a helluva lot of jewellery, but (hopefully) just shy of being too much.
Niki’s wearing: Yellow necklace, Zara. Silver necklace, Stella & Dot. Blazer, BB Dakota. T-shirt, T by Alexander Wang. Pants and shoes, Zara. Bracelets, Stella & Dot. Bag, House of Harlow 1960.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party