Alex Grant, 25
Toronto via Vancouver | To Vogue or Bust
The main reason I’d ever opt out of wearing a hat is because some of them can be cumbersome and stifling in the heat — sun protection or not, I’ll probably never go for a huge, floppy topper if it makes me feel like a sweaty mess the second I walk outside. In order to look pulled together while still feeling comfortable and (most importantly) shielding my face from the sun, I usually opt for a lightweight, small-ish straw fedora that doesn’t overwhelm my small face. Pair it with something laid-back but femme like this simple silk dress and a pair of booties or wedges, and I’m good to go for the day!
Alex’s wearing: Dress, Club Monaco. Booties, H&M. Bag, Rebecca Minkoff. Hat, Aldo.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents