Top 10 Fashion Influencers of 2012: We count down the biggest and best moments from Raf to Rihanna and back again
10. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tom Ford cape dress
Without even being nominated for an award, Gwyneth dominated the 2012 Oscars in a white Tom Ford cape-dress worthy of ancient Greece (or at least the mid-nineties). The simplicity of colour and the addition of the cape made the otherwise elegant look rise to the top of the red carpet pile for the event and the year.
Paltrow later brought her Gwyneth Paltrow Premiere Look (we’ll keep trying to make a thing) to Toronto, where she wore Tom Ford again for the TIFF premiere of Thanks for Sharing. The backless dress was seriously sexy for the ageless 40something actress.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014