Top 10 Fashion Influencers of 2012: We count down the biggest and best moments from Raf to Rihanna and back again
10. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tom Ford cape dress
Without even being nominated for an award, Gwyneth dominated the 2012 Oscars in a white Tom Ford cape-dress worthy of ancient Greece (or at least the mid-nineties). The simplicity of colour and the addition of the cape made the otherwise elegant look rise to the top of the red carpet pile for the event and the year.
Paltrow later brought her Gwyneth Paltrow Premiere Look (we’ll keep trying to make a thing) to Toronto, where she wore Tom Ford again for the TIFF premiere of Thanks for Sharing. The backless dress was seriously sexy for the ageless 40something actress.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab