Alex Grant, 25
Toronto via Vancouver | To Vogue or Bust
Since I was lucky enough to be in my hometown of Vancouver over the 2010 Winter Olympics, I already got a crash course in high-voltage national pride and Canadiana-themed everything — in fact, I’m pretty sure I managed to score almost all the Olympic merch the Bay had put out during that time. I quickly learned that the trick to styling Olympic wear is to limit yourself to wearing one or two items at a time, working the rest of your outfit around the Canadiana element.
Being an Olympics fanatic, I’m only too happy to get back into the swing of things this year, especially because the Bay’s Olympic offerings are just as wearable and stylish as they were two years ago. I paired this femininely cut tee from the Bay with a red skirt, which echoes the red stripes that flank the maple leaf in our flag. By adding lashings of Ruby Woo by M.A.C to lips and a little contrasting colour pop courtesy of my teal bag, I’m Olympics-ready without looking like I’m taking parting part in the opening ceremonies!
Alex’s wearing: Tee, the Bay. Skirt, American Apparel. Bag, Rebecca Minkoff. Wedges and belt, H&M. Rings, H&M and Social Experiment.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location